Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Final Hours!

I've got a bag of celery, a bag of grapes and an apple at my desk.

My goal for the day: eat only these things, no more.

Sucks to be me right now.

But I think it'll be worth it. It's final hours crunch time. Time to separate the women from the girls, the men from the boys.

Weigh-out is in 40 hours from now. I've got to get lower than I am now (I'm still only down about 15 lbs.). I'd be lying if I said I was happy with myself. I thought I had a lot more fat-melting potential. I guess as I get older, the metabolism slows. Fifteen pounds in 100 days? Gosh, that's kinda sad.

Although the weight's been a struggle, I feel so much more healthy than I did 100 days ago! I'm so happy that I can climb a flight of stairs and still carry on a conversation with someone. If I'm on the phone after climbing stairs, no longer does the other person ask, "Dude, are you jogging right now?"

Thank you, thank you, to the Heart Services team. Maria, Traci, Dr. Mitchell, Dr. Carter, etc. etc. etc. They run such a wonderful program here at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. The best, in my opinion. To give people the chance to reconnect with healthy living is such a prize. It's something I'm so grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment